Expert in Water Affordability Programs
Include Dollar Energy Fund and our program models in your rate cases to illustrate your company’s commitment to providing quality service to all your customers. Partnering with a non-profit organization from the start can help you address public concerns.
- Hardship Program – grants applied directly to customer’s water bill.
- Discount Program – percentage off monthly bill or service charge.
- Payment Assistance – arrearage forgiveness based on timely payments.
- Conservation Component – Education and distribution of water saving kits.
- Repair – Evaluation of need and coordination of plumbing repairs to reduce high usage.
- Education – Outreach through community events to educate your customers on conservation and promote the program throughout your service territory.
What will a Water Assistance Program do for you?
- Promote better bill-paying among your customers.
- Reduce low-income collections activity.
- Provide corporate tax benefits.
- Provide a significant return on investment that will make a positive impact on your bottom line.
- Safeguard and improve your public image.
- Build an effective program for payment troubled customers that has the potential to be supported by your entire customer base.
- More than 15 years in water program administration experience.
- Administered over $1 million in Hardship Program grants for water utilities.
- Handled a high volume of calls from low-income water customers.
- Enrolled low-income customers into water assistance programs in multiple states.
- Provided expert testimony for utility companies in rate cases.
Often low-income customers account for the majority of time consuming calls to your customer service representatives. Dollar Energy Fund is an expert in communicating to the low-income population. Let us handle your low-income customer calls and we will help you decrease your collection costs and increase payments from this customer base.
As the water industry faces major changes and expected rate increases, Water Assistance Programs can provide a necessary component to successful rate cases and public relations campaigns. Positive feedback from your customers will help your company.
Dollar Energy Fund can help you achieve positive public relations benefits at a fraction of the cost of advertising.
As a non-profit organization with a mission to assist low-income clients, Dollar Energy Fund can bring positive awareness and community goodwill to your company through the print, radio and television publicity we garner.
Creating an equivalent store of public goodwill for your company would require a large advertising campaign.