- Provides a grant directly to your New Jersey American Water utility account
- Income Guidelines: at or become 200% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines
Am I eligible?
- Use our Income Calculator to find out if you qualify based on income. Customers who are eligible for the Hardship Program will have gross (before tax) income that is between 0 percent and 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
- Have you made a sincere effort to pay your New Jersey American Water bill? To be eligible, you must have paid at least $100 in the 90 prior to applying for the Hardship Program.
How To Apply
You must meet all guideline to be eligible to receive a grant. Click here to review all the program’s eligibility guidelines.
Contact Dollar Energy Fund at 1-888-282-6816.
Please have the following information available to complete your application:
- Names of everyone in your household
- Birthdates of everyone in your household
- Social Security Numbers for everyone in your household
- Proof of Income for everyone in your household
- A copy of your most recent utility bill
- Your utility account number
- Proof of all utility payments made in the last 90 days
Complete the Hardship Program application over the phone with a Dollar Energy Fund Customer Service Representative. You will be asked to fax or mail documentation to complete the application.
You will receive written notification of your grant decision within four to six weeks. If you are awarded a grant, the money will be applied directly to your New Jersey American Water account.
Continue to make regular utility payments. A Hardship Program grant is not a substitute for your regular monthly payment.