Customers of FirstEnergy who are eligible for the Pennsylvania Customer Assistance Program may be able to complete portions of their application through our online MyAPP portal.
PCAP is designed to help income qualified residential customers maintain electric service and eliminate their past due balance.
Text-Based PCAP Recertification
Dollar Energy Fund recently began offering an option to recertify enrollments for FirstEnergy PCAP through text-based communication. If you received a text message regarding your PCAP status, please know this is a valid request from our organization and can serve as a convenient way for you to complete some or all of the recertification process for your account. Message and data rates may apply.
Are you eligible for PCAP?
- Must have an active residential electric account.
- Must have a gross household income at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines
- Must provide annual verification of income and identification of all household members.
- Must participate in LIHEAP and WARM, if eligible.
- The person whose name is on the account must live in the home.
Our myApp portal will walk you through the application process and help you determine your eligibility status, as well as eligibility for other assistance programs.