Contest Rules for the Shirt Off Our Back Contest
- HOW TO ENTER
The Shirt Off Our Back Contest ticket raffle entries will be available for purchase at kiosk locations inside PPG Paints Arena before and during Pittsburgh Penguins games on Thursday, March 7; Saturday, March 16; Sunday, March 17; Friday, March 29; and Sunday, March 31, 2019. Game times and dates are subject to change. Raffle entries will be sold for $5 each. Participants must fill out the entry form and complete payment for their raffle ticket entry for a chance to win. There is no limit to the number of raffle ticket entries an individual may purchase.
The drawing will be held on Monday, April 1, 2019.
- ODDS: The odds of being selected as an official winner(s) are dependent upon the number of entries received.
The winner must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the United States in a locale whose laws do not specifically prohibit such contests. Employees of Dollar Energy Fund, Inc., the Pittsburgh Penguins, and any immediate family members residing with the employee are not eligible to participate. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any contest.
- PRIZES: No prize substitutions are allowed. Any applicable warranties will be provided by the donor or the manufacturer.
2019 prizes are listed below:
Finalist (5): Five (5) finalists will be selected at random from the pool of entries. Each finalist will receive two (2) tickets to a party suite on Fan Appreciation Night for the Saturday, April 6, 2019, game at PPG Paints Arena with the Pittsburgh Penguins vs. the New York Rangers. Food and non-alcoholic beverages are included. (Alcoholic beverages and additional food may be purchased by the winner.)
Grand Prize (1): Winner will be granted participation in the Shirts Off Our Backs selection process, which includes going down to the ice after the game and receive a game-worn jersey from a Penguins player. A specific player’s jersey cannot be guaranteed. Winner agrees to abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Pittsburgh Penguins and PPG Paints Arena for the purpose of the Shirts Off Our Backs promotion. Prize subject to change.
- Contest prizes are not transferable. Prizes may not be substituted for or redeemed for cash.
- Prizes are limited solely to those items explicitly set forth herein and shall not include any and all other expenses, incidentals or taxes that may arise out of the winner’s receipt of this prize.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS
Finalists will be drawn at random on Monday, April 1, 2019, from the pool of participants who purchased ticket entries. Dollar Energy Fund, Inc. will have the final decision on any and all claims concerning this contest and reserves the right to disqualify any contestant if these Contest Rules are not followed. Holders of the winning ticket entry need not be present at the drawing to win but will be required to present ticket entry receipt(s) and positive identification for verification. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or email. A maximum of three (3) messages (phone and/or email) will be left or sent to any winner. Winners must reply to Dollar Energy Fund within two (2) calendar days of the initial notification or an alternate winner will be selected for that prize. Prizes must be claimed within two (2) days of notification or they will be considered “declined” and awarded to an alternate winner.
The Grand Prize Winner will be drawn at random on April 6, 2019, from the pool of five Finalists, prior to the Fan Appreciation Night hockey game at PPG Paints Arena, at 6:30 p.m. Finalists must be present to be eligible for the Grand Prize drawing.
- ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS APPLY. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. Potential winners must reside in a U.S. locale whose laws do not specifically prohibit such contests. Each raffle winner may be required to sign a release and certify compliance with all raffle rules before each prize will be awarded. Winners will be responsible for shipping or transportation charges, applicable taxes, registration fees, registration fees, license and title fees, insurance and any other charges or fees associated with acceptance of any prize. Winners will be responsible for making all arrangements regarding and related to delivery and/or transportation of any prize, any warranties, etc. directly with the prize donor. Winners shall release Dollar Energy Fund, Inc. from responsibility and/or liability regarding the delivery, receipt, condition or use of any prize awarded. Winners will agree to hold Dollar Energy Fund, their affiliated companies and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the contest.
- By participating in the contest, the winner or winners (and their guest or companion, if any) agree to have their name, voice, or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation, and to sign a publicity release prior to acceptance of the prize.
- Dollar Energy Fund, Inc. reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify the contest rules and dates at any time for any reason. Material modifications shall be announced on the organization’s website, www.dollarenergy.org/Penguins, when practical. By participating in this contest, you agree to be bound by these contest rules, any modifications thereof, and by all other rules imposed by Dollar Energy Fund management.
- The contest is void where prohibited.
- Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant's disqualification, at the sole discretion of Dollar Energy Fund, Inc.
- Dollar Energy Fund, Inc. is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the contest or in the announcement of a prize.
- Copies of the written contest rules and a list of all winners are available by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Dollar Energy Fund, BOX 42329, Pittsburgh, PA 15203.
If there are any questions regarding the Shirt Off Our Back Contest or these Contest Rules and procedures, please call 1-800-683-7036.