Incentives Revealed for 2020 Winter Warm Up Request-A-Thon
Posted on: November 19, 2020
According to a recent study, over two-thirds of consumers across the U.S. are concerned about their ability to pay their bills. Thousands of families across our Pittsburgh region are experiencing a financial crisis. As temperatures continue to drop, our neighbors need assistance staying warm and safe in their homes.
iHeartMedia is teaming up with Dollar Energy Fund to help our local neighbors restore or maintain their utility service this winter. Our fourth Winter Warm Up Request-A-Thon will take place on November 18 & 19, 2020.
The concept is simple: make a donation of $10 or more during the event, request a song, and listen to 94.5 3WS. Every effort will be made to play your song, but higher donation amounts will increase your chance of hearing your song in its entirety and enter you to win incentives.
All donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar by our utility partners, and 100% of all funds will go directly to provide utility assistance grants to our most vulnerable neighbors.
Ways to Donate
- Call 1-800-823-WARM at any time during the hours of the event (7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on November 18 & 19) and a volunteer will assist you with your donation and submitting a song request.
- Visit www.dollarenergy.org/requestathon to submit a donation and song request via our secure, online donation portal.
Become a Neighborhood Hero
A donation of $180, or $15/month for a year, will make you a Neighborhood Hero! A $180 donation becomes $360 in assistance once matched by our utility partners. This amount is equal to Dollar Energy Fund’s average winter heating season grant amount and is enough to keep the utility service on for a household in need during the winter. Your support at this level makes you eligible for specific donation incentives! All Neighborhood Heroes will receive:
- Custom 3WS Christmas Ornament from Wendell August Forge
- Delicious farm-raised turkey from Jones Turkey Farm
- Car pass to visit Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland
- Entry for a chance to win a new Bryant 95% efficient furnace with installation, courtesy of Air Pro Heating & Cooling
Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook before the Request-A-Thon begins so that you can stay up to date with rapid-fire incentives, guests and promotions throughout the two days. Listen to 94.5 3WS during the event for details.