Neighborhood Hero Incentives Revealed
Posted on: November 7, 2022
According to a recent report, Pittsburgh is in the top 10 of U.S. cities with the highest average monthly utility bills. Thousands of families across our region are experiencing a financial crisis. As temperatures continue to drop, our neighbors need assistance staying warm and safe in their homes. iHeartMedia is teaming up with Dollar Energy Fund to help our local neighbors restore or maintain their utility service this winter. Our 6th annual Winter Warm Up Request-A-Thon will take place on November 9 & 10, 2022.
The concept is simple: make a donation to Dollar Energy Fund during the event, request a song, and listen to 94.5 3WS. Every effort will be made to play your song, but higher donation amounts will increase your chance of hearing your song in its entirety and enter you to win incentives.
All donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar by our utility partners, and 100% of all funds will go directly to provide utility assistance grants to our most vulnerable neighbors.
Ways to Donate
- Call 1-800-823-WARM at any time during the hours of the event (7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on November 9 & 10) and a volunteer will assist you with your donation and submitting a song request.
- Visit www.dollarenergy.org/requestathon to submit a donation and song request via our secure, online donation portal.
Become a Neighborhood Hero
A donation of $180, or $15/month for a year, will make you a Neighborhood Hero! A $180 donation becomes $360 in assistance once matched by our utility partners. This amount is equal to Dollar Energy Fund’s average winter heating season grant amount and is enough to keep the utility service on for a household in need during the winter. Your support at this level makes you eligible for specific donation incentives.
All Neighborhood Heroes will receive the following incentives: (while supplies last)
- 3WS winter hat
- Car pass to Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland at Cooper’s Lake in Butler, PA
- Two tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters at PPG Paints Arena on December 26
- “A Very Yinzer Christmas” album download card
- Entry for a chance to win one of the following packages:
- FURNACE PACKAGE: Bryant 95% High-Efficiency Furnace with installation, courtesy of Air Pro Heating & Cooling ($3,500 value with regular installation)
- CONCERT PACKAGE: Two tickets to see Blake Shelton at PPG Paints Arena on March 24, two tickets to see Ed Sheeran at Acrisure Stadium on July 8, and two tickets to see Rod Stewart with Cheap Trick at PPG Paints Arena on August 26, plus a $50 gift card for dinner at North Shore Tavern for each concert
- SPA PACKAGE: Overnight stay and spa treatment for two at Avalon’s Grant Resort in Warren, OH
- SPORTS PACKAGE: Two tickets to a Pittsburgh Penguins game, two tickets to the Pittsburgh Steelers vs. Cleveland Browns game, plus an autographed Evgeni Malkin jersey and an autographed Najee Harris jersey, courtesy of Remixxd by Steel City Galleries
Limited quantities of the Neighborhood Hero incentive packages are available, so guarantee your incentive by submitting your song request and donation now!
Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook before the Request-A-Thon begins so that you can stay up to date with rapid-fire incentives, guests and promotions throughout the two days. Listen to 94.5 3WS on November 9 & 10 for more details.