Join the thousands of utility customers who contribute $1 or more to Dollar Energy Fund by checking the box on your monthly bill. One hundred percent of all donations are used to provide utility assistance grants to low-income households in your area and every contribution will be matched dollar-for-dollar by our partnering utility companies.
Contribute Through My Paper Utility Bill
Look for the Check the Box section on your monthly bill from the participating utility companies listed below. Your designated donation amount will automatically be added to the total of your utility bill when you establish a monthly contribution of one dollar or more. Check the Box and give beyond your bill.
Check the Box is currently available with the following utility companies:
- AEP Ohio
- Appalachian Power
- Citizen’s Electric Company
- Columbia Gas
- Duquesne Light
- Kentucky American Water Company
- Met-Ed, A FirstEnergy Company
- Mon Power, A FirstEnergy Company
- Penelec, A FirstEnergy Company
- Penn Power, A FirstEnergy Company
- Pennsylvania American Water
- Peoples Natural Gas
- Peoples TWP
- Potomac Edison, A FirstEnergy Company
- Valley Energy
- Wellsboro Electric Company
- West Penn Power, A FirstEnergy Company
- West Virginia American Water
Every Dollar Goes Straight to People In Need
100% of all donations and matching funds are used to support your neighbors in need.
Through our unique arrangement with our utility partners, we are able to direct all charitable contributions towards providing assistance grants through our Hardship Program. No organizational operating expenses are paid through donated funds.