Dollar Energy Fund’s Pennsylvania Hardship Program provides one-time assistance grants that are applied directly to a limited-income household’s utility bill. Funding is available on a first come, first serve basis and eligibility requirements vary based on the utility company. Program guidelines and eligibility requirements are subject to change.
2020 – 2021 Pennsylvania Hardship Program
Program guidelines and eligibility requirements vary by utility. Visit www.dollarenergy.org/need-help/pennsylvania and select your utility company from the list to view Pennsylvania Hardship Program guidelines.
Use our Income Calculator to find out if your gross (before tax) income is within the range of eligibility for our programs.
How to Apply
The best way to start seeking help is by calling your utility company. They will provide you with information on a number of different assistance programs that are available to help low-income utility customers.
- Citizens Electric: 1-570-524-2231
- Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania: 1-800-537-7431
- Duquesne Light Company: 1-888-393-7600
- Met-Ed & Penelec: 1-800-545-7741
- Penn Power: 1-800-720-3600
- West Penn Power: 1-800-686-0021
- Peoples Natural Gas: 1-800-400-9276
- Peoples Gas Company, LLC: 1-800-222-5101
- Valley Energy: 1-570-265-6415
- Wellsboro Electric Company: 570-724-3516
Dollar Energy also partners with a network of Community Based Organizations throughout the state. These dedicated agencies provide application intake services for clients. Find an agency in your area with Dollar Energy Fund’s Agency Finder.
Customers of First Energy who are eligible for assistance may be able to complete portions of their application through Dollar Energy Fund’s online MyApp portal.