The men and women who work for Dollar Energy Fund are caring professionals who have the character, skills and ambition to provide the outstanding service our clients and partners deserve and that we, as an organization, demand.
We believe in rewarding performance and encouraging career growth. We support employees with training, a great working environment, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply for a position with Dollar Energy Fund, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include a salary history and your preference for full or part-time employment.
Customer Service Representative
Department: Contact Center
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Title: Customer Service Representative I
Reports To (Title): Contact Center Manager
Position Type: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Hours: Varies based on program requirements (40 hours/week)
Summary: This position is responsible for direct communication with customers, handling customer questions, taking inbound calls, making outbound calls and taking applications over the phone for Dollar Energy’s programs. Requires an individual who has outstanding customer service skills and ability to use computer systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Perform day-to-day activities of the program under the supervision of the Team Leader, CSR, including:
- Manages timecard daily by clocking in/out of the timekeeping systems at the beginning/end of shift and for unpaid lunch breaks.
- Recognizes and respects diversity among coworkers and customers.
- Ability to use telephone and computer systems to communicate with customers.
- Completes customer applications using the telephone and determines customer eligibility for relevant programs.
- Correctly follows workflow in programs software systems to complete tasks as assigned.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations by using appropriate de-escalation tactics.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Adheres to program guidelines and procedures, as established by Dollar Energy.
- Takes inbound calls from customers, assists customers with questions and resolving problems related to program participation.
- Maintains and updates customer accounts using the Dollar Energy computer systems.
- Properly documents contact with all customers.
- Enrolls customers in the Customer Assistance Program.
- Educates customers on the benefits of timely payments in CAP.
- Advises customers of other available resources (i.e. PA 2-1-1; call your electric company for CAP, etc.).
- Answers incoming calls regarding termination and service restoration.
- Advises customers of application process for LIHEAP.
- Recertifies customers in the Customer Assistance Program.
- Handles work assignments as assigned by Workforce Management or Team Leader-CSR.
- Meets monthly metrics four out of six months by six-month performance review and by annual performance review to remain at job level.
Employees are expected to be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, with or without job modification/reasonable accommodation. If an employee believes a job modification/reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact Human Resources so that a review can be conducted. DEF strives to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other related federal, state, and local laws.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will have:
- Sensitivity to customers of limited incomes or difficult circumstances
- Strong computer software skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with customers who may have special needs
- Flexibility and ability to maintain a professional disposition during diverse and sometimes stressful conditions
- Ability to follow procedures, process workload, and help customers
- Ability to process required customer information gathered during telephone call for program eligibility
Work Experience and Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to two years related experience and/or training
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows Systems and Microsoft Office Applications.
- The work environment is an office setting with temperate climate control.
- The workstation is in an open cubicle environment.
- The work is sedentary in nature but may require occasional standing and walking.
- The work can be performed on-site or remotely.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Dollar Energy Fund, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment practices on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), age religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, citizenship, military/veteran status, association with a person with a disability, GED status, and any other protected characteristic under federal, state, or local law.
Dollar Energy Fund, Inc. provides modification/reasonable accommodation to disabled individuals to assist in the hiring process and to qualified individuals with disabilities in the performance of essential job function, as required by federal, state, and local law. Any individual requiring modification/accommodation to complete this Application for Employment or to participate in the application/interview process, should contact Human Resources at 412-431-2800, ext. 1110.
Dollar Energy Fund is proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Pittsburgh for 2021.