During the 2020 Cool Down for Warmth event, Dollar Energy Fund is hosting a Bowls for Warmth Soup Tasting to benefit families in need of utility assistance. Local restaurants will participate in a soup challenge, serving cups of soup to the lunchtime crowd in Market Square. Attendees get to sample three soups from their choice of over a dozen participating vendors, and vote for their favorite!
Thursday, January 23 and Friday, January 24
11:30 am to 1:30 pm
Soup is only available while supplies last. First come, first served!
Tickets will be sold for $10 at the Cool Down for Warmth kiosk located in Market Square (cash and credit cards accepted). Patrons will receive 3 cups of soup, a bottle of water and a Smiley cookie, courtesy of Eat’n Park.
All proceeds will benefit Dollar Energy Fund’s efforts to keep local families warm this winter. Every donation is matched dollar-for-dollar by our utility partners and your tax-deductible donation will stay in Western Pennsylvania. This is event is made possible through a partnership with BNY Mellon.
Bowls for Warmth is just one of the events taking place those two days in Market Square during the Cool Down for Warmth event. The event features a full-size ice house with giveaways, music and more! For more information about Cool Down for Warmth, click below.
Participating Vendors & Soup
2. The Apollo Cafe | Chicken Pot Pie Soup
3. Bluebird Kitchen | Chicken Chowder
4. Braddock’s Rebellion| Italian Sausage, Escarole and White Bean Soup
5. City Works | 1871 Chili
6. Coughlin’s Law | Roasted Poblanos, Sweet Potato and Chicken Soup
7. Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse | Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Coconut Soup
8. Harris Grill | Italian Annulment Soup
9. Las Velas | Shrimp Soup
10. McCormick & Schmick’s | New England Clam Chowder
11. The Meadows Racetrack & Casino | Warm Chestnut Soup
12. OTB Bicycle Cafe | Yam-n-Clam Soup
13. Patti’s Pasticceria | Wedding Soup
14. Pizzaiolo Primo | Italian Wedding Soup
15. Primanti Bros. | Primanti’s Almost Famous Chili
16. Revel + Roost | Polenta-Beer Cheese Soup
17. Sienna on the Square | Sausage, White Bean and Kale Soup
18. The Smiling Moose | Cheesy “I’m Loaded” Baked Potato Soup
19. Ten Penny | Foraged Mushroom and Freekeh Soup
20. Union Standard | Roasted Chicken, Chickpea and Carrot Soup
21. Vallozzi’s | Roasted Vegetable Minestrone Soup
Text to Vote for the People’s Choice Award
Text bestsoup-restaurant number to the number 21000.*
*Include hyphen before restaurant number.
An example would be: bestsoup-2
Voting ends at 4 p.m. January 24. Winner will be announced in the January 30 Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.