We are halfway through our 2016-2017 program year! Check out what Dollar Energy Fund has accomplished during the past six months, with the help of our staff, utility partners and supporters.
- Dollar Energy Fund has distributed over 17,000 grants, totaling more than $4.3 million, across the country since October 3, 2016.
- We recently began partnerships with the South Central Connecticut Regional Water Authority and Allegheny County Sanitary Authority to provide customer assistance programs. Dollar Energy Fund is currently working with The Clairton Municipal Authority, Mayor Rich Lattanzi, Clairton City Council, and Senator Jim Brewsterto to establish an assistance program for water/sewage customers.
- Our Cool Down for Warmth and Warmathon fundraisers grew significantly this year and raised more than $330,000 to assist approximately 950 Pittsburgh families.
- We hosted our 8th annual Warm Your Hearth Campaign at Hearth and Home Furnishings. Efforts to date have brought our eight-year total to more than $115,000, with a generous match on all funds raised from Peoples Natural Gas.
- The City of Pittsburgh officially declared January 31, 2017, as H20 – Help to Others Program Day. Our partnership with Pennsylvania American Water has assisted customers with their water bills for over 25 years.
- Columbia Gas of Pennsylvania hosted a fundraiser for Dollar Energy Fund in partnership with the Trans-Siberian Orchestra, which donated 50 cents of every Pittsburgh ticket sold to Dollar Energy Fund and WQED, totaling $33,765.
- Dollar Energy Fund benefited from Duquesne Light Company’s Power It Forward campaign through a 24-hour social media fundraiser that raised $10,000 for families in need. Duquesne Light’s staff also supported us during Kennywood Holiday Lights by collecting donations for more than 400 ornaments, raising nearly $5,000.
- With the help of Peoples Natural Gas, we expanded our partnership with the Pittsburgh Penguins by participating in many fundraisers and promotions this season, expanding our reach and awareness in the community. Our Jerseys for Warmth Auction, Fan Appreciation Night Raffle and 50/50 raffle proceeds from the Penguins Foundation raised approximately $80,000 combined this season for local families, including a match from our utility partners. Dollar Energy Fund also participated in the Penguins Golden Ticket promotion in honor of the organization’s 50th anniversary.
Looking ahead, Dollar Energy Fund is hosting its annual Golf Classic on Friday, June 23, at Quicksilver Golf Club. Help us spread the word by visiting www.dollarenergy.org/golf for more information. We have many sponsorship opportunities available.
With your help, we look forward to helping more individuals and families as this program year progresses.