Through a partnership with Pennsylvania American Water, our Water Assistance Program consists of two parts:
- Grant through Dollar Energy Fund’s Hardship Program; and
- 85% discount off the customer service charge portion on the water monthly bill. (For wastewater, the discount is 20% of the total wastewater charges.)
You must be a customer of Pennsylvania American Water.
Customers who are eligible for the Discount Program will have gross (before tax) income that is at or below 150 percent of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
Use our Income Calculator to find out if your gross (before tax) income is within the range of eligibility for this program.
How to Apply
To apply for the Discount Program, call 1-888-282-6816.
You must have the following information available to complete the application.
- Total Gross monthly income for all adults living in the home
- Number of people residing in the household
- Pennsylvania American Water account number
- Service address